These systems overcome one of the most important limitations of conventional industrial ultrasonics: the need for custom-designed sonotrodes resonant at the appropriate frequency for the system. Instead, MPIs clamp on ultrasonic tools fit onto your existing pipes (or reactors, pressure vessels, extruder heads etc. - almost anything up to several hundred kg) and drive it efficiently with ultrasonic power ranging from 300W to 100Kw!
- Clamp-on ultrasonic systems - retrofittable oscillatory tooling
- MPIs clamp on ultrasonic tools fit onto your existing pipes, reactors, pressure vessels or extruder heads, overcoming the need for custom-designed sonotrodes.
- Benefits of clamp-on ultrasonic systems
- Conventional fixed-frequency systems drive the acoustic system (converter & reactor) at a frequency optimized for the converter without full consideration of how the reactor frame changes the resonant frequency of the system as a whole. Rather than fighting physics our systems adapt to the new resonant frequency when an un-tuned mass (the reactor vessel) is attached to the converter.
- Applications of clamp-on ultrasonic systems
- The range of applications for this flexible and versatile new ultrasonic technology is enormous - here are some lists of applications in mixing, cleaning and process improvement for solids, liquids and gasses.
- Videos of clamp-on ultrasonic systems in action
- Videos showing clamp-on MMM ultrasonic systems used for atomizing liquids from internal and external surfaces, and cutting food products.
- MMM Ultrasonic Clamp-On sytems - Components
- Descriptions of the components of our versatile clamp-on ultrasonic systems. We offer a full service to clients directly or via OEM suppliers.
- Examples of ultrasonic clamp-on systems from MPI Ultrasonics
- Some examples of MMM clamp-on ultrasonics in industry: ultra-filtration system, cleaning in liquid CO2, process industry, heat exchangers and extruders.
Key features of clamp-on MMM ultrasonic systems:
- Applicable to almost any pipe, reactor, pressure vessel, or large tooling component including irregular, thick walled and heavy parts.
- Drives high and low viscosity liquids, powders and solids (plus mixtures such as food products).
- Digital signal processing plus advanced programmed controls give optimum results in all process conditions.
- Ultrasonics can be fitted without removing or draining existing parts - zero downtime installation.